Travel VISA Information – Kenya
Lagos Consular Office
No. 22B Idowu Taylor Street,
High Commission Office, Abuja
Central Business District,
1. Single Entry: This visa would allow you to enter into Kenya once
2. Transit: Allows you a short stop over that can last up to three days
3. Multiple Entry: Allows you to enter Kenya multiple times
Note: There is no visa that is required if you are using a direct transit between two flights, however, a transit visa is required if you spend more than 24 hours.
- A valid travel passport â€“ at least 6 months before expiration
- A complete visa application form. Download your Application
- Two passport size photograph recently taken
- The appropriate visa fee
- Birth Certificate for children travelling with parents.
- Applicant travelling on an official business should attach a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/conference, with full details of the Companyâ€™s Authorized representative; physical address and phone numbers.
- Supporting letter from sponsor/friend
- Details of hotel/flight bookings
- A planned itinerary, if held
- Marriage certificate if applicable
- For more information on Kenya visa requirement, click here
- The transit visa fee is US $20.
- The visa referral visa fee is US $10 non-refundable.
- The standard visa fee for an ordinary or a single entry visa is US $50.
Types of Visas and fees charges
- Multiple Journey Visa (6 months- 1 Year) – N 20,000
- Single Journey Visa – N 10,000
- Diplomatic/Official Visa – Gratis
- Referral fee for Referred visas – N 2,000
- East Africa Tourist Visa – N17,500
How to Apply for a Kenya Visa
Or you can simply book your return flight ticket and make your hotel reservation and fly to Kenya. Visa will be issued to you at the point of entry â€“ Nairobi or Mombasa Airport in Kenya.
Visa Processing Time
Visas are issued immediately at the point of entry. However, if you do not meet the requirements, you may not be allowed into the country.