Travel VISA Information – Europe & the UK
37 Udi Street Off Aso Drive,
Website URL: www.ambafrance-ng.org
France Consulate, Nigeria
1 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive,
Website URL: http://www.ambafrance-ng.org/
Side trips: Applicants who also intend to visit other countries must submit a travel plan when applying, detailing where the applicant will stay and how the applicant will travel, as well as information on how many days the applicant will stay in the different countries. Applicants who are married and/or have children are advised to submit proof of this (marriage certificate and birth certificates of the children). The latter is not a requirement, but will strengthen the application.
- Schengen visa application form â€“ duly completed, dated and signed by the applicant. In the case of minors signed by the guardian at the relevant section of the application form.
- Original copy of your travel medical insurance bought from an insurance company that is accredited by the Schengen Group in Abuja. It is required that the insurance cover all of the days you are planning to stay in Schengen. It is recommended that you submit insurance that also covers 15 days beyond the end of your intended stay in Schengen.
- 2 passport size pictures with white background and not older than 6 months (please attach photos on the application form and on the duplicate form using adhesive tape or glue).
- Return flight ticket and hotel booking confirmation which must be in accordance with the number of days that have been approved.
- Copy of personal bank accounts (Updated at least 15 days prior to the application, including the page with the meaning of codes of operations) and if applicable, copies of the three last salary slips.
- Original passport (valid for at least 3 months after departure from Schengen). The passport has to contain at least two (2) blank pages and it is required that it is issued within the previous ten (10) years. We advise you submit previous passports with past visas / stamps to Schengen and other countries.
- Dated and signed letter of invitation and a copy of the passport of the person inviting. If the person inviting is not a citizen of one of the Schengen countries, a copy of the most recent Residence Permit must be submitted.
- The invitation must contain information about the period of the visit. It should contain complete and relevant information about the person extending the invitation, the invited person and their relationship to each other (including information about any family relationship), along with the purpose of the stay to be covered by the visa. The invitation should also state whether the person extending the invitation is also standing as a financial guarantor.
Minors (under the age of 18)
- Original birth certificate of the child
- Passports of both parents
- Original Letter of Parental Consent to apply for and obtain a Schengen Visa signed by both parents.
- If only one parent has sole custody of the child, the Court Decision awarding custody to the one parent must be submitted. If the other parent is dead, the Death Certificate must be submitted.
- NB: For the protection of children, the above documents will be verified and a longer processing time must be expected.